In Australia the marriage law requires a Notice of Intended Marriage must be received by the celebrant at least 1 month prior to the intended marriage date
( and no earlier than 18 months before). I will provide this form for you or you may download a copy in PDF from the Attorney General Website www.ag.gov.au
You must be over 18 years of age to marry in Australia.
- A birth certificate (if you were born overseas a foreign passport will suffice) these must be original documents, sorry I cannot accept photocopies or faxed copies.
- A passport ( a current or expired passport is acceptable however not a cancelled passport)
- Photographic ID (Drivers License or a Passport)
- If you were previously married and divorced I will require the Decree Absolute Divorce or Certificate of Divorce papers or the Divorce Order (effective from 13 February 2010).
- If you were previously married and widowed I will require a Death Certificate.
- You will be required to sign a declaration that states there is no legal reason you can’t get married.
- On your wedding day, you will be required to have two witnesses over the age of 18 years