In  Australia the marriage law requires a Notice of Intended Marriage must be received by the celebrant at least 1 month  prior to the intended marriage date

( and no earlier than 18 months before).  I will provide this form for you or you may download a copy in PDF from the Attorney General Website

You must be over 18 years of age to marry in Australia.

  • A birth certificate (if you were born overseas a foreign passport will suffice) these must be original documents, sorry I cannot accept photocopies or faxed copies.
  • A passport ( a current or expired passport is acceptable however  not a cancelled passport)
  • Photographic ID (Drivers License or a Passport)
  • If you were previously married and divorced I will require the Decree Absolute Divorce or Certificate of Divorce papers or the Divorce Order (effective from 13 February 2010).
  •  If you were previously married and widowed I will require a Death Certificate.
  • You will be required to sign a declaration that states there is no legal reason you can’t get married.
  • On your wedding day, you will be required to have two witnesses over the age of 18 years